Apr 28, 2012

Pretty pricey affair



















I can actually count on the fingers of one hand the times that I've spent more than Dh200 on cosmetics at one go. Most of my make-up has been gifts, and on the rare occasion that I've actually shopped, it's been for an eye-liner or a lipstick. The last foundation I bought was about two years ago (I know I should throw it but it's hardly been used).

So you'd probably need an electron microscope to find me in the statistics that say women in the UAE spend close to a billion dirhams on beauty products and treatments (Mena Report 2009) in a year.

Arab beauty consultant and blogger Huda Kattan, says women in the UAE "shock" her with how they spend on beauty.

"I've heard women dropping Dh18,000-plus at a counter such as Dior or Chanel. It's pretty insane when you compare that to the price of a lipstick."

Source:http://gulfnews.com/life-style/beauty-fashion/pretty-pricey-affair-1.1014495

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails